If you have never installed mcMMO before
2. Configure your server and run it once with Spigot/PaperMC to generate a plugins folder. You can also make the plugins directory manually. Close the server after it has created the plugins directory.
3. Download the latest public release of mcMMO.
4. Drag and drop mcMMO.jar into the plugins directory.
The next time you run your Spigot/PaperMC server, mcMMO will enable itself and generate many configuration files for you to modify in server_directory_here\plugins\mcMMO.
Upgrading from Classic
mcMMO and mcMMO Classic share the same DB, you will never EVER lose data from upgrading! Upgrading will always be completely safe!
If you are upgrading from classic or a previous mcMMO install
2. Put mcMMO.jar into the /plugins/ folder inside your server directory.
3. Congratulations mcMMO is now installed.
If you'd like to customize mcMMO after installing it, here are some tips.
If you want the skill system to be from 1-1000 turn on RetroMode in config.yml
mcMMO automatically turns RetroMode on if it finds config.yml in the /plugins/mcMMO/ folder from a previous install!
If you prefer the skill system to be from 1-100: turn off RetroMode in config.yml
For all further configuration see: Config
Choosing the appropriate mcMMO version
There are many versions of Minecraft, Spigot, Paper, and mcMMO. To choose the best version, refer to Version compatibility.