Upgrading from Classic
mcMMO and mcMMO Classic share the same DB, you will never EVER lose data from upgrading! Upgrading will always be completely safe!
If you are upgrading from classic or a previous mcMMO install
1. It is recommended but not required to delete advanced.yml, experience.yml, and salvage.vanilla.yml in order to generate updated config files
2. Put mcMMO.jar into the /plugins/ folder inside your server directory.
3. Congratulations mcMMO is now installed.
If you have never installed mcMMO before
2. Configure your server and run it once with Spigot/PaperMC to generate a plugins folder. You can also make the plugins directory manually. Close the server after it has created the plugins directory.
3. Download the latest public release of mcMMO from the Spigot page.
4. Drag and drop mcMMO.jar into the plugins directory.
The next time you run your Spigot/PaperMC server, mcMMO will enable itself and generate many configuration files for you to modify in server_directory_here\plugins\mcMMO.
If you'd like to customize mcMMO after installing it, here are some tips.
Start up the server once this will generate config files if they don't exist, close it and then edit the config files to your liking
If you want the skill system to be from 1-1000 turn on RetroMode in config.yml
RetroMode will turn itself on if mcMMO finds config.yml in your /plugins/mcMMO/ folder from a previous install!
If you'd like the skill system to be from 1-100 turn off RetroMode in config.yml
Choosing the appropriate mcMMO version
There are many versions of Minecraft, Spigot, Paper and mcMMO. To choose the best version, refer to Version compatibility.